30 May 2007

Finding Bella and Bubaloo - Prelude

It was around this time last year that we found Bella and Bubaloo. I knew the moment that I saw their photos that these were our kids. Call it gut instinct, mother's intuition, a feeling or whatever you like, but I knew that these kids would be our kids.

What I wasn't prepared for was the journey to become the adoptive parent of these two children. From the time we first found out about them, to the time we first met them, it took nine months. The same amount of time that it takes to carry a baby to term was the same amount of time it took to make us moms to these two children.

I started this blog a year ago and didn't make a post until this winter. The purpose of this blog was to originally chronicle our adoption process. It never served that purpose and has now morphed into something entirely different. Instead of chronicling this adventure in real-time, I'm going to write a handful of posts to recap it.

No comments: